Make lifelong connections while helping these most in need .Tanzania orphanage work is great project to share your love, passion and help as it goes to people who need it the most.
By volunteering, you will be helping these orphanages to provide more care and attention to the children.
What we have done
- We managed to renovate children house at Global orphanage.
- We renovated toilet facilitates both girls and boys rooms.
- Built library for the children.
- Build kitchen.
- We bought Modern kitchen for the children.
- We managed to paid school fees in private schools and government schools for the children.
- We initiated chicken project.
As a volunteer in Tanzania with Tengeru Cultural Tourism Programme , you will be working with children from impoverished backgrounds at an orphanage. Depending on your individual interests and skills, and on the needs of the local staff, your daily activities involve, but are not limited to:
- Teaching basic English, Math, Science, or other subjects of interest
- Provide care, love and attention to children
- Providing daily care to the children such as preparing meals and watching over them
- Help them with their homework
- Participate in playtime activities
- Educating on personal hygiene, and safety rules and precautions
- Developing stimulating new ideas to interest the children to learn
- Organizing and leading extracurricular activities such as games, sports, art, music, dancing, story-telling, drama lessons, etc.
- Assisting the local staff-Tengeru Cultural Tourism Programme with administrative duties, promoting fundraising activities, and helping to plan events and excursions for the children.
- If possible doing some of orphanage house renovations like Painting.
- Initiated some of projects which will help the children.
Make a Difference
Volunteers will be working with Tengeru Cultural Tourism Programme and orphanages that help children. By doing so you’re doing something better for the children, Tanzania and Worldwide. The orphanages need all the help they can get, and your Positive participation would help them reach out to more children. The children will undoubtedly appreciate the love and time that you devote to them, as you inject a fresh energy into the orphanage.
Skills and Qualifications
You do not need any previous knowledge to join the Orphanage project. However, your understanding of Tanzanian culture and diversity can help improve the experience for you and the children. As volunteer (s) you should be enthusiastic, reliable, flexible, sympathetic and strive to be good role models for the children. During your staying with us a volunteer (s) must also respect the local community and the host organizations, along with their rules and projects.
This project is located in and around Arusha-Tanzania since we are helping three orphanages center all of them are in Arusha region at Arumeru district. Arusha is one of the bigger cities in the north of Tanzania and sits at the base of Mount Meru, not far from the Kenyan border. It is well-known African congress center and contains the site where the International Tribunal for the Rwandese Genocide was held. Safari tours to the Serengeti, hadzabe people. Ngorongoro, Manyara and Tarangire usually launch in Arusha. The city is also an excellent base for visiting the Arusha National Park, where volunteers can experience a wide range of habitats and experiences.